
This past Saturday we celebrated Jack's first birthday (April 13th) with cake, good friends, and more cake. This tiny cake took me forever to make, as I got a little too ambitious and decided to make the buttercream frosting from scratch, as well as attempt my second-ever basketweave decoration. This meant that the larger cake was a little lacking in decoration, but I don't think anyone cared. I don't even think Jack cared how long I took to make his cake, either, but since my mom was the master cake maker at all of my birthday parties, I felt I had to carry the torch as best I could.

Present from Mommy and Daddy--LeapFrog fridge letters!


A baby cell phone! You can record your voice so that when he presses the buttons your message plays. Unbelievable.

Simeon REALLY wants to play with the cell phone that Allie's holding!

All of Jack's friends...a mixture of five families...minus Samantha who left early for a nap.


Apparently the exersaucer is fun for all ages.

Zachary reading to Jack.



Ryan

Zach

The "other" cake.

This was just seconds before Jack extinguished the flame--with his hand! See how close I am? That's how fast he was!! I could see it coming and somehow didn't grab his arm soon enough.

This is while everyone is singing "Happy Birthday"--he was quite confused.

First bites...

Jack's signature of content: crossed feet.



Messy boy

Off to the tub




We had sidewalk chalk and bubbles for the kids, and they left us all kinds of interesting messages and pictures on our front walk!

Playing in our yard

Post-bath

The second outfit of the day...and see my new planter hanging behind Eric? I'm very proud--I picked it all by myself! I hope this one doesn't die like my last one...I don't have much of a green thumb...but I want one. :)

The damage...still plenty left for Eric and me to munch on.


4 comments:
Quick prayer request: It would be helpful if Jack were to catch a cold; I don't know how to get the rest of the chocolate cake out of his nose.
Happy Birthday Jack!
Annika, I am VERY impressed with both of your cakes, they are incredible! Im so glad that Jack had such a fun 1st birthday and that you have pictures to remind him of it later. What fun!
Oh, and Noah does the same thing...crossing his feet when he eats. So cute.
What a GREAT job you did on the cake! (But I knew you would- you're so good at stuff like that.) Now I want some... I literally am CRAVING chocolate cake looking at these!
I love the pic of Jack's feet crossed, too. What a precious thing. I'm so glad he had a good first birthday party and that so many were able to come and celebrate with him. I love the pics!!
Wow. That basketweave cake is very impressive...and the star cake was really cute too!! It looks like you guys had a fun time---happy birthday Jack!! :)
Post a Comment