This past week has been so warm--in the 70's. It's not typical, and we all know that it won't last. But we're enjoying it while we can. I took Jack to the park on Monday--the same park that I grew up playing in. It felt surreal as we walked across the grass and watched the geese in the pond...since we have pictures of me around the same age, feeding the geese at this exact same location!
Jack loved the park (except the swings)! He played in the sand, digging holes and trying to eat rocks. At first I panicked because he was getting all muddy, but then I realized that he is a boy, he's going to get dirty, especially in the summer...and that's why I have a washing machine! We stayed at the park for over an hour, and seeing as how I haven't been outside in the sun with him hardly at all, I never thought about sunscreen...both of our cheeks are quite pink as a result. I felt bad, but it was so cute, too, to see his sun-kissed face. We dug out his summer clothes, and found some "big boy" shoes--only to discover they were still a little too big! He didn't know how to walk in them; he looked drunk as he stumbled from side to side, awkwardly lifting one foot at a time. But they sure were cute! Here are some pictures we took Monday night before dinner...









(Noticing Daddy who's watching him from the street)





I love his hand in this picture



He did NOT like sitting on Eric's shoulders...



This was so funny--he hated having his feet and legs touching the grass. He kept wimpering and lifting one leg at at time. Finally he just lifted both legs in the air, and this is what happened...



His hair is getting a little darker, but looks light in the sun.





We met a new "baby" while we were out playing. He had the best laugh and thought Jack was so funny. I thought it was funny how Jack kept patting him, like he was a little baby, when they're almost the same age! It's so fun to meet people who come out of hibernation come spring...this family lives around the corner from us, and the mom teaches history at Wheaton College! Maybe Jack and Simeon can play with Ethan this summer!


Jack and Dad


1 comment:
These are such cute pictures--I especially like the one of Jack falling over! :) Oh and those shoes are really cute...I bet you're enjoying them, and now with some warmer weather....
Post a Comment