Saturday, May 06, 2006
First Kiss
Mmmm. Today I received my first kiss--from my son, that is. Sometime during the past couple months he learned to blow kisses; he sticks the palm of his grubby little hand up to his mouth, fingers extended, and makes a big smacking noise, much to everyone's delight. But today, with his face covered in watermelon juice, I leaned my cheek towards him, said, "Kiss Mommy?" and SMACK! Now I have to admit, I'm not the first recipient of his cheek-kisses; he's given Eric two kisses on the cheek so far and I was starting to feel a little left out. But not anymore! It reminded me of when he was a tiny infant and there were hardly ever any responses to my coos and kisses and smiles...and then one day, he smiled back at me! That was a wonderful moment; that recognition and validation and maybe returned affection? So today, as I felt the remains of his sticky kiss on my cheek, I sighed in content...I never thought a first kiss could be so sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww... and I bet it was love at first sight, too...? ;) So sweet.
Evan's still stingy with his kisses, but Madalyn's made up for it, I think...
I look forward to seeing the pictures you took with Marika's camera!
That sounds so yummy and wonderful! I can't wait to be able to say the same thing - I can, but I look forward to it. We better eat all of that up now because we will turn around and they will be asking us not to embarrass them in front of their friends. Can you hear my heart breaking in two at the thought?
I second Katie, Im looking forward to seeing pictures from your trip too.
Awww....nothing like a kiss from your baby!!! So sweet! Yes, you definitely have to fill us in on Boston!!
Post a Comment