Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Year of Firsts


I think this was about seven months pregnant.

First time I held Jackson; he still looks like this when he cries.

Getting to know Daddy.



First day home.

First Mother's Day







This is still one of my favorite pictures; I love the contrast of their hands.



Jack and Aunt Marika meeting for the second time at two months old.

Amanda and Ellis meeting Jack for the first time.



Still one of our favorites, Rishi!

This is about two and a half months old--look how tiny he is!

Same day...Jack's first Cubs game.



Meeting Grandma Muralt for the first time at two months.



First smiles

Three months

First trip: Europe (four months)

At the Vatican, outside the Sistine chapel.

Venice!

We loved his little double chin!

In St. Louis with McDonnell's--almost five months.





Pre-standing and crawling...the good 'ole days.

First steps...



Downtown Chicago...about six months.

Happy Halloween, little Jack-O-Lantern! (6 mos)



First trip to the Arboretum...we hope the first of many!

(Unfortunately this is NOT the first time Mommy dressed me up. Good thing these pictures didn't end up on the Christmas card!!)



First Christmas Tree

First Christmas--8 months old.

This is a little out of order, but this is in Paris--4 months



Day of Jack's baptism...7 months.





New Year's in Austin, with Grandpa Durbin and Great-Grandma Durbin (8 months)



Mischief starting...

Nine months...in our new house in Wheaton.

Ten months





Just learning to walk by himself--10 months.



Sitting with "Duckie" and watching Baby Einstein.



One of his favorite toys! (11 months)

First Easter--12 months

These were taken on his actual birthday, April 13th, 2006.







This just before his first haircut.



This is his "I'M ALL DONE!!!!" face.

Hm...who taught him this?



Look at that hold...

Studying the buttons...which one swings the bat, Dad?

A good teacher...much to Mom's dismay.

Feeding himself--usually a very messy endeavor.



A little story after bath time...and this was pre-haircut, can you tell?







Jack is one! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

He is such a doll baby! I love all of these pictures, so sweet. Hard to believe how fast they grow from such small, helpless little babies into big, strong-willed toddlers. I love the descriptions of everything he is up to these days. Such a big boy.

Happy Birthday Jack!