Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lost, anyone?

Does anyone out there watch "Lost?" It's my number one favorite show on TV right now, and there has been so much buzz about "American Idol" (yay, Taylor!) this week and I haven't heard anything about Lost...but what a season finale!! Wow. Eric and I just sat there stunned and tried to go over everything that happened in the two-hour special...they revealed enough information that it was terribly satisfying and answered numerous questions that had been looming around. And yet at the same time they introduced enough new information to leave you with a whole new batch of questions, equally intriguing as the others (haha--"the others"). Here are a few that we have pondered... (sorry, this might bore you if you don't watch the show!)

Where is Rousseau hiding out? How did she trap "Henry" if he was really one of the head guys? How high up in rank is he really? What was that blinding flash of light they all saw/heard? What happened to Eko, Locke, and Desmond? Who were the dudes in the snowy mountains? What did they find? What's up with Charlie? Where will they take Jack, Sawyer, and Kate? What was that look between Jack and Kate, as if they had a plan? (reminded me of a Sydney/Vaughn moment, for those of you who watched "Alias") What about Michael and Walt? Will they really make it out? What caused the map to illuminate on the wall when Locke was stuck under the door? (We know now that Kelvin painted it, but what makes it light up?) What is the map for? What was the other "observation hatch" for if it wasn't to watch the first hatch? What's up with the others' camp that was deserted, and that rock behind the door...was it all just a facade? What does "Pen" have to do with all this? Is her father involved somehow? Will Hurley be able to find his way back, or will he be able to find Sayid, or will he just get completely lost? Will he ever lose weight? What was with the bird saying "Hurley" and then when Jack was questioning Michael and Michael said, "They had your names on a list"--at that point you hear "Hugo" whispered in the music...or wind? And what about the significance of the numbers...the lottery numbers, the hatch, the computer...the only person they let go was Hurley...surely there's something significant about him?

Ok...well, I hope this wasn't too boring. I'm just baffled and completely intrigued. Any thoughts??

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I dont want this show, but I have watched Alias. Has the final show already come on? Alias is somewhat stupid sometimes. I was interested to see just how it ended but I think I missed it, oh well.

The Durbin Family said...

Yeah, the series finale of Alias was last Monday. I didn't think it was that great...Eric and I were just talking about how rushed it felt. And the whole last couple seasons weren't very good. I think that seasons 1-3 were great--well written, interesting, different, well-acted. But it kind of went downhill after that. But that seems to always happen with shows when they end--I remember I hated the Friends finale because it felt so forced when Ross and Rachel just suddenly got together...they didn't do a great job of making that very believeable. Anyway.... :)