As much as I do not particularly enjoy getting up early, it is slowly becoming my favorite time of day, thanks to my precious son. He is so sweet in the mornings; fairly mellow, and very happy to be awake and out of his crib. This morning after he finished his bottle he sat contentedly on my lap, staring at the sliver of light escaping through the curtains, as he rested his head on my chest. He smelled so good, like baby lotion and soft jammies, and I just drank him in.
Then later that morning he made my heart sing as he crawled toward me going, "Ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-maaaa." The first time he's uttered my new name with such purpose...and he did it again throughout the day. I love being a mom!
By the way, there's snow in the forcast tomorrow...snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes don't hold a candle to my mornings with Jack!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so sweet. There's no better sound to a mother's ears than the "ma-ma-ma"
Post a Comment