Wednesday, November 16, 2005

At the Arboretum

A recent trip to our local Morton Arboretum provided reminder that nature is a necessary element to the human condition. A sunrise may bless my soul as I drive home from work, a squirrel may spark joy within me as he chases a companion amidst the overgrowth, a field of unfettered snow may bring sudden peace to my heart, but sometimes I have need of immersion -- sometimes I must lose myself in the woods (that is, until we live nearer the mountains). Of course, it is difficult to lose oneself on trails so clearly marked.

a Southern path


Jack on a log






Falling Leaves

Mom on a log
Jack on a mom




I know it's not properly focused or positioned, but do you know that it's cool and perhaps awesome?


No man is an island, but that kid sure is standing by himself. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Kay said...

You do have the most adorable son in the world. It was so great to meet him and I can't wait to watch him grow. So good to see you yesterday and I am so happy to share what you're experiencing in your life.

God bless you,
SK