Friday, October 27, 2006

Last Outings


We visited the Arboretum this past week to spend time together as a family of three and to enjoy all the colors of fall. I am always amazed, each year, by the bold beauty of something that is dying. How can these leaves on the ground be more striking than those still left on the tree? One of life's miracles; I like to think that it perfectly illustrates our own "dying"--that is, the dying of our old selves as we are made new in Christ--how can we not be more beautiful in death?







Jack loved traipsing through these woods, getting muddy and wet while exploring the crunchy leaves and rotting fallen trees. It was such a joy to watch his fascination with nature.























Off for a nature walk, a.k.a a trail that we never found, though Daddy kept insisting it had to be there somewhere.















An enchanting tree; this would have been the perfect playhouse for me when I was little.





Jack is learning to jump; he still only jumps with one foot...but we're making progress!

















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

These are so great. Seriously. So great. What a beautiful family you all are.

The Martin Family said...

What beautiful pictures!! I loved them! I want to be there!