So first off, I know that is probably the worst, most un-interesting blog-post title ever used, but it was the only word I could think of to describe how I feel right now. I went to my 38 week check-up today and I'm 1 cm dilated! And, I know. Plenty of people go for weeks at a time dilated at 1, and I'm told that some people can even be 3-4 cm for weeks. But I DON'T CARE. For me, this is big. I wasn't even 1 cm dilated with Jack when I went into labor, at 41 weeks. In fact, at my 40 week appointment (with Jack) my OB told me I was 1/8 cm, and I was so happy...only to realize after-the-fact that 1/8 cm is like 1.2 mm--NOTHING--he was just trying to keep me from being too discouraged. Well, it worked, Doc!
So in addition to announcing the big news of my dilating progress to me this morning, my OB also stated, "Well, you're all ready to go, whenever your body decides it's time." YAY! Again, I realize it could still be weeks away, and that (gulp) there's still a chance I could deliver late. But for today, I am just SO VERY HAPPY that something is happening.
In closing, I want to apologize to any of our male friends who might happen to be reading our blog lately, especially those who've never lived with a pregnant wife...I'm sure that the last thing you want to know anything about is the state of my cervix, the frequency of my contractions, my moodiness, and any other pregnancy-related symptoms. I hope I haven't scared you off for good. Check back in three weeks and then (God-willing!) you'll be able to read mushy posts about our baby girl. Now THAT should be good reading!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very appropriate title! YAY is right! I can't wait to hear when the time comes...we are so excited to see this sweet little girl! :)
Post a Comment