Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Week 36: Closed and counting


Official doctor's report: "Cervix is still closed."

This was a big disappointment because I have been having so many contractions and pelvic pains that I was at least hoping they were doing something proactive. Wrong I was.

The good ole' doc also said that your body tends to react the same for each pregnancy, as far as giving birth...in other words, since my first baby was late, this one probably will be too. Greaaaaat. So maybe more like five weeks to go?

He also said that she looks and feels to be about 6 or 7 pounds, which seems so small compared to Jack's 8 pound-11 ounce arrival. But considering there's still a month of growth to go, I'm not getting my hopes up for a small baby.

I am trying my best to take it one day at a time, and not to let my physical exhaustion and pain make me too cranky...although I admit it's hard. Good thing I have a very understanding and loving husband!

Despite all the complaints, I am eagerly looking forward to holding and kissing the little feet seen in the picture above; the feet that have poked, pushed, and proded me internally for so long now. Soon, baby!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hang in there! That was so sweet about kissing her feet. The day will come!!

Great pictures- great families!! I miss you guys!