Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What My Daughter Wore to Church on Sunday, Boots and All

I didn't feel like fighting her on the boots, considering that I was taking the kids to church by myself that morning, and considering that we don't have many shoe options since she tossed one of her shoes off while in the stroller recently (ala Sophia, right SK?).  All was going fine until we got into church and Samantha blew out her diaper up to her neck, and then after I got her all cleaned up and changed we entered the sanctuary (in the middle of the communion service) only to have Ellie take off running down the center aisle, clomp clomp clomping in her galoshes, with me running after her while holding Samantha.  Not my idea of the debut of my new haircut, especially considering that I'm having trouble styling it and was very self-conscious about it that morning.  Argh.  But what's motherhood without a little kid-chasing and self-humiliation?
This is what she does when she says "please."  We tried to teach her the sign language for the word please, and this is her version, this funny grabbing-her-tummy while saying "Peasss."
This is like her second time on a "big-girl" swing and she's already being dare-devil about it, in perfect Ellie fashion.



This picture makes me think of Eric's nickname for her...it started as "Punky Brewster" and somewhere along the way was shortened to "Punky."  Boy, did she love wearing Mommy's sunglasses!



And a few of our littlest Punk doing her favorite thing:


8 comments:

anne said...

the outfit is FABULOUS. :) The boots definately make it. At least everyone got to notice your new do since all attention was drawn to you as Ellie clunked down the aisle. :)
I love all the pictures of the kids...so sweet. I LOVE the one of Jack helping Ellie out on the bike. Samantha is looking so much older too. So sweet

Annika said...

No, actually the funny thing was that not ONE person said anything about my hair; everyone was talking about her boots! I thought that was really funny, especially after all my worrying about how it looked. Very humbling! :)

Julie said...

Love those swing pictures...I wish Ellie & Caleb could play--they sound like 2 peas in a pod, when it comes to their personalities! Jack looks SO old, btw...where does the time go?

Katie said...

so cute, all of them! I love seeign these of Samantha, she's growing so fast! Love the little fingers, MM!

Katie said...

so cute, all of them! I love seeign these of Samantha, she's growing so fast! Love the little fingers, MM!

Kimberly said...

I can't get over how cute your kiddos are. More pics of Samantha please!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are just absolutly adorable! Samantha looks like she is getting big. I just love the picture of ellie and her movie star glasses. So very cute. And i really like your new "do" i think it looks very good on you. Love and miss you all. Tracy

Anonymous said...

The boots are great. Reminds me of Madison -- somebody gave her pink "camo" boots. For days she wouldn't wear anything else even though it was hot, summer weather... I'm surprised she didn't wear them to bed -- I know she tried at least once!

As for inappropriate footwear for church -- I know about that! When I was about 13 I got my first pair of high heels for Easter. I wore them to church that morning, went to Grandma & Grandpa's for Easter dinner -- complete with the usual Easter Egg hunting -- but I had changed to tennis shoes for that. I forgot I still had them on until we got to Sunday evening church service and Grandma pointed out my "holey" blue tennis shoes which didn't exactly go with my pastel green dress.... Oh well!

Thanks for the fun pix of your family.
Millynne