Friday, August 22, 2008

You Know You're Tired When...

Earlier this morning I was changing the kids from pj's to play clothes when a Don't blame me, I only got three hours of sleep last night total-moment occurred.  I retrieved clothes from their drawers and then proceeded to undress Ellie from her syrup-covered jammies.  As I began to dress her she kept saying loudly, "Mommy, Dak dirt!!  Mommy!!  Dak dirt!"  I wasn't really paying much attention until she got really loud and in my face.  I squatted down in front of her, frowning, trying to figure out what she was saying.  Suddenly all the pieces came together in my fog-brain: I had dressed her in "Dak's dirt," i.e. Jack's shirt!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is SO CUTE. She sounds like a little Madalyn in the making. Evan STILL wouldn't notice if I dressed him in her shirt... IN FACT, I dressed him in Jack's pants yesterday and said, 'oops, we'll have to switch' and he said, "i don't care, let's not, I don't want to change again- PLEASE!!"

Sarah Kay said...

LOVE IT! Isn't wonderful to have little eyes paying attention!
SK

Julie said...

It's amazing how they just don't miss a beat! Such a cute story.