I saw the headline and I was like "no...WAY...she must be using the reference but really talking about something ELSE..."
Well of course I'm THRILLED for you although I know you're probably putting your head in your hands once in awhile and thinking "wait...HOW is this going to work?!"
Sooo...Ellie will be about the age Jack was when SHE came along, when the new baby comes...do I have that right? Or totally wrong? : )
You and Eric are the loveliest kind of people; if only you guys could raise ALL of the next generation instead of just one every couple of years!
You'll be fine...heck, you'll be GREAT! I bet financial blessings will arrive unexpectedly and swiftly, and I just know this little one won't be as rough on your bod as Ellie saw fit to be.
And after the whirling-dervish two years that will accompany the birth of this child (No, I'm not EVEN going to lie and say "...with '3 under 3', all you REALLY need are schedules and lists..." because let's face it- chaos will reign supreme) your kids will be so close in age that they'll always have a best friend around every corner.
If you weren't (no pun intended!) "expecting" this just yet, it's okay to be honest with your family, friends, and CHURCH family...it is totally all right to let them know that while you embrace this life fully and bask in the Lord's favor and blessing in the form of a third child, that you have some anxiety issues about space, money, time, etc etc etc and might need a little extra support over the next few months.
('Scuse me if this baby was, like, completely planned down to the millisecond...a friend of mine who has always reminded me of Eric phoned earlier to say they were expecting their third, when #2 JUST turned a year old a couple of months ago...and they had planned to wait until she was three before even thinking about another one. They are happy, but in "freak out" mode, and I guess I thought just in CASE the situation was similar, I would totally butt in and say pretty much the same thing I did to them :)
I'm re-organizing my prayer focus for you...I'm going to pray for the peace that surpasses everything to encompass your heart, already music to that little life's ears...(or ear buds or whatever they have at this stage!)
So I thought to myself, "I'll just hop on over to Eric and Annika's blog and see if anything's new." But, my goodness, I didn't expect this! It seems you didn't, either.
If that's the case, welcome to the world of the insanely fertile! We've got jackets. As a mother of three--count 'em, three--surprises, let me say, NO! it will not be easy. But worth it? Oh, of course, we know that, always worth it. God will, will, WILL provide.
This is truly happy news. Congratulations, Durbins!
8 comments:
WOW!
I saw the headline and I was like "no...WAY...she must be using the reference but really talking about something ELSE..."
Well of course I'm THRILLED for you although I know you're probably putting your head in your hands once in awhile and thinking "wait...HOW is this going to work?!"
Sooo...Ellie will be about the age Jack was when SHE came along, when the new baby comes...do I have that right? Or totally wrong? : )
You and Eric are the loveliest kind of people; if only you guys could raise ALL of the next generation instead of just one every couple of years!
You'll be fine...heck, you'll be GREAT! I bet financial blessings will arrive unexpectedly and swiftly, and I just know this little one won't be as rough on your bod as Ellie saw fit to be.
And after the whirling-dervish two years that will accompany the birth of this child (No, I'm not EVEN going to lie and say "...with '3 under 3', all you REALLY need are schedules and lists..." because let's face it- chaos will reign supreme) your kids will be so close in age that they'll always have a best friend around every corner.
If you weren't (no pun intended!) "expecting" this just yet, it's okay to be honest with your family, friends, and CHURCH family...it is totally all right to let them know that while you embrace this life fully and bask in the Lord's favor and blessing in the form of a third child, that you have some anxiety issues about space, money, time, etc etc etc and might need a little extra support over the next few months.
('Scuse me if this baby was, like, completely planned down to the millisecond...a friend of mine who has always reminded me of Eric phoned earlier to say they were expecting their third, when #2 JUST turned a year old a couple of months ago...and they had planned to wait until she was three before even thinking about another one. They are happy, but in "freak out" mode, and I guess I thought just in CASE the situation was similar, I would totally butt in and say pretty much the same thing I did to them :)
I'm re-organizing my prayer focus for you...I'm going to pray for the peace that surpasses everything to encompass your heart, already music to that little life's ears...(or ear buds or whatever they have at this stage!)
Love to the Durbin FIVE...from Austin!
I always do this, sorry...that last comment was from me (Liz)!
So I thought to myself, "I'll just hop on over to Eric and Annika's blog and see if anything's new." But, my goodness, I didn't expect this! It seems you didn't, either.
If that's the case, welcome to the world of the insanely fertile! We've got jackets. As a mother of three--count 'em, three--surprises, let me say, NO! it will not be easy. But worth it? Oh, of course, we know that, always worth it. God will, will, WILL provide.
This is truly happy news. Congratulations, Durbins!
What the!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Wait for me!!!!!! =)
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you!
love
the Dudleys
Can't wait to see who this next baby Durbin is going to be!! Congrats Eric & Annika!
Dear Eric & Annika,
Congratulations -- what wonderful news!
You'll have to let us know how it is with three little ones running around...
Faithfully,
Rishi & Amanda
Congratulations to all of the Durbins! Third time's a charm. :)
(And for us, the last charm on the bracelet!)
;) The McDonnell Family
Post a Comment