Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Riding the bug

It's 11:13pm and I'm about to walk out the door, drive to the nearest Walgreens, and buy for my family:

7-up and Gingerale
Saltine crackers
Gatorade, many flavors
Pedialyte
Chicken Noodle Soup

Yep, we're under the weather here in icy cold Chicago...Ellie and Eric have had it the worst, mine seems to be looming, and Jack is still hanging in there as our healthy champ. Even so, it looks like we'll be staying in for a few days. Hope you are healthier, warmer, and more well-rested, wherever you are. Goodnight...

*Update: Ellie is better today, finally has her appetite back; Eric seems to be on round two, sadly; Jack threw up early this evening--we'll see how he does during the night; I am hanging in there, but not feeling great. I'm playing piano in a wedding tomorrow so I'm just praying that my body will fight it off (come on, prenatal vitamins!) at least long enough to get through that! And that Eric will be better so he can care for the kids while I'm gone. (It's not like we can call a babysitter to come watch the kids in our virus-infested home!) I know we have a lot to be thankful for and that the stomach flu is not the end of the world...but it sure is no fun.

***Update #2: Jack woke up with a 102 fever this morning. He seemed to bounce back fairly quickly, but hasn't had much appetite at all. Eric has felt pretty terrible as round two, if there is such a thing, has taken its toll. I made it through the wedding today, but am still not feeling great. Ellie, our recovering little one, began throwing up again tonight. What is with this second round?? Unfortunately she threw up in the car tonight so we have to clean her carseat cover before she can ride in the car again. We're a bit concerned about her hydration, as she's pretty much been sick since Tuesday night, not eating or drinking much of anything, and hasn't had many wet diapers. We'll see how tomorrow goes. This has been a really long week for all of us...

Tomorrow is our special, annual Christmas "Lessons and Carols" program at church, one that I look forward to every year. I missed it last year because Ellie, then three or four weeks old, was up for seven hours in a row the night before and I opted to stay home and sleep the morning away. Now it looks like I will miss it again this year. I'm so disappointed.

3 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

Oh no! Please, please call us if we can do anything for you - bring a meal, run an errand that you're not feeling up for, whatever...

Amy said...

Stomach flu is the absolute pits. I'm praying you guys will get through soon, and that you'll be spared, if possible.

Amy said...

I was so bummed to read that you guys are STILL dealing with the stomach flu. I was praying for you when the Lord brought the phrase "ever-present help in times of trouble" to mind. (I had to look it up to get the actual verses.) I hope they are a glimpse of Light right now.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3