Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Dinner with Papa and Grandma

Since my parents will be in Boston for Christmas with my sister and her family, we had dinner and gift-opening with them this past Sunday. We went to Stir Crazy, one of my favorite restaurants. We had a great time; sometimes it's just plain not worth it to even go out to dinner with kids because most times the experience is far from enjoyable for anyone. There is hardly any worthwhile conversation, there are spills and messes, there is the constant stress of keeping the kids entertained and quiet (i.e. not disturbing other restaurant goers), and the luke-warm food we end up eating, or scarfing down, while the other one sits on the kids. However, the whole eating-out experience is ten times better when the food is actually really, really good, and fortunately for us, that was the case on this particular evening. We greatly enjoyed our personally-designed stir frys, the kids enjoyed watching them cook our dinners, as well as the specially-made rice and steamed broccoli for them to eat. All in all, it was a pretty great dinner. Thanks so much, Mom and Dad!

Ellie was so happy to see Papa and Grandma when we arrived at the restaurant, but was soon very distracted by all the lights and sounds and people walking by. (Doesn't she look so pretty in her Christmas dress?)



I had to include this picture, though blurry, to show off my mom's new haircut. Doens't she look so great? I'm actually a tad bit jealous...I may just do this to my hair one of these days. (Not while I'm pregnant and hormonal and irrational but some day.)


Why, you ask, is my mom laughing and struggling? See below:


...Ellie's trying to climb on the table! She's SO squirmy these days, it's hard to get her to sit still at all.

(Finally had to turn on that darn flash just to get a good shot. Still not the best of little Missy but these days that's nothing new!)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

So fun! I'm sure the kids loved that place with so much going on around them! Glad you had a good time. Ellie does look precious in her dress and your mom'shaircut IS super cute.

Anonymous said...

Today is the 16th of October. As I mentioned the other day I was going to go to my friend Cat's house to see if we could view your blog. And oh boy, can we. This is amazing. What a blogger you are Annika. You have a gift with writing and especially with your photography.
By the way, this is Nana. Duh!!!!
I love this site and I love my babies. I miss them. They are growing up without me. I must get there soon. I cracked up singing...myself outloud...just as you said they sang "twinkle twinkle" in their very special way. How adorable. Wish I had been there. By the way they are singing, maybe they are going to follow in Daddy's footsteps.
FYI: You can email me at anytime at the following address: ALLYCAT823@aol.com
Her name is Catarina and she just loves all of the pics you have taken of your beautiful children. You better be a professional or she won't let me use the computer to check your blog site out...so get to it Professional Photographer Annika!!!!
As far as the trip it is still on hold. Will get with you either email or tele or perchance snail mail...lol.
I am going to drive "Cat" crazy from now on...because there are so many blogs and I am so excited to read and see them all...and she likes my white russians so all I have to do is bring it over and the door shall open and the computer is all mine. LMAOROTF
I am going for now but I send my love and kisses and hugs for those adorable rugrats and to you and my son as well.
Love and miss you soooooooooooooo
much!
Your Mom