Lest you think we haven't posted because we're in the hospital, I thought I'd post a boring update: still no baby, still having contractions, still bored. Any good reading suggestions??
Days overdue: 5
Friday, November 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Everyone Worth Knowing" by Lauren Weissberger (I *think* that's her last name...same girl who wrote "The Devil Wears Prada")
It's absolutely non stimulating, will do NOTHING to encourage your brain cells to breed or become unecessarily active, and is very hard to put down.
Second choice: "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin. Will assuage pregnancy-related weariness when you can say "at least I'm not on my own, pregnant with TWO babies, and in a foreign country". Sometimes "tough" read but enough fun and very life-affirming. Wait, I change that to my FIRST choice : )
Oh, and to just take up time...read "Standing In The Rainbow" by Fannie Flagg. My goodness, that is a WONDERFUL, wonderful book.
And for TOTAL pregnant-person sympathies will a still awesome story, read "Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weiner. (She wrote "In Her Shoes", if you saw that. I didn't, but I LOVED the book) It's all about how parenting just CHANGES us as people, our perspectives, surroundings, budgets, jobs, marriages...it's very engrossing and a great story, but ALSO has enough humor injected to make it good to read during any difficult season of life.
Can you tell I once aspired to be a book reviewer as a child? Getting PAID to READ?! I couldn't believe there WAS such a wonderful thing!
-Liz
Anything by P.G. Wodehouse. The Jeeves & Wooster ones are the most well-known, but I personally prefer the Blandings Castle stories. Light-hearted, comic romance, goofy mishaps and mix-ups, and an escape to lovely English ways. Always a good way to pass time!
What about "Lady in Waiting"? Granted, it's geared toward single women waiting to be married, but I just couldn't resist given the title. :-)
Post a Comment