Tuesday, November 07, 2006

T-minus 10 days

Just to keep you all up-to-date: if all else fails, I am scheduled to be induced on Friday, November 17th. That's another ten days of pregnancy...ugh. I was officially due yesterday, so the 17th puts me at being almost two weeks overdue! Madness! BUT, in the "things I'm thankful for" category, my two favorite doctors from our OBGYN practice will be on call that day, so it seemed like the best option. I'm not wild about the idea of being induced, but the doc I spoke with yesterday was very considerate of my wishes and didn't press me to induce any sooner. (However, I admit a very small part of me would like to be induced tonight...) Please keep us in your prayers; Jack has been sick, so he's been keeping us up at night (although I think I would probably be up anyway with all the rolling and stretching my second child is doing, and of course all of the contractions that keep me awake). We're pretty sleep-deprived right now, and each day gets a little harder on me physically. Pray for safety in delivery and for sanity afterwards! If you could specifically pray that she would turn--so that we wouldn't have another sunny-side up delivery--that would be especially appreciated. While you're on your knees, maybe pray that she comes SOONER than next Friday? :) Thank you all for your phone calls and well-wishes! We'll keep you posted!

P.S. My sanity-saver of the day: When I asked my dad who he voted for in the govenor's race today, he said that he didn't like either option on the ticket, so he wrote in his own: Lovey Smith. (aka The fabulous Chicago Bears coach) Thanks for keeping me laughing, Dad.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your dad is so funny - it's true the options seem to all run together these days, always deciding between the lesser of two evils.

Im praying over you and baby!

PS - this might surprise you but we are Bears fans, second to the Jags, because we are big Grossman fans. He was the QB when we were at UF.

The Durbin Family said...

Julie mentioned once that they were Grossman fans--didn't know y'all were too! :) I heard one of Grossman's teammates talking about him the other day and apparently they all call him "Sexy Rexy." Made me laugh and so that's what I call him now. :) Thanks for the prayers...

Anonymous said...

Annika, I am praying fervently that THIS is the morning!!! I read your e-mail right before I went to bed, so then of course I had a wild, convoluted dream where my reply was soooo long and boring, you went into labor just so you wouldn't have to finish reading it right then. HA! Well, I'm replying to your e-mail right now...and it *is* kind of lengthy...so here's hoping ;)

(Seriously, I know you're so very uncomfortable, and I am praying that yesterday was your LAST full day of this pregnancy. Please, God, let her arrive TODAY!)