(The before shot...believe me, this was a forced smile on my part!)
Here are a few pictures. We'll update the post soon but enjoy these for now. Thank you for your prayers!!
Elisabeth Kate Durbin
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Oh, Annika...you are a HERO, woman!!! I absolutely cannot convey to you in words how proud I am of you.
What a beautiful, beautiful angel girl...she is PERFECT in every way, as I'm sure you have marveled over already.
Like Jackson, I find her to be a near-perfect melange of both your and Eric's features.
Again I sing praises for this wonderful blessing. I've never known you in physical person, Annika, and I haven't seen Eric in years-- but right now I feel like I just could not be happier for you if you were in my own family. I know this pregnancy has been so very difficult for you...but as He always does, God has blessed you with the lovliest of rivers after such a long time in the darkness of a valley.
Russ and I are praying fervently for her continued health and for you to heal quickly.
I just can't get over how *perfect* she is! God really, really got it right when He made newborn babies the exact size, shape, and heft to lay on your chest, head nestled under your chin...ah- bliss, contentment, a heart full of thanks, I imagine.
I'll leave you to your bonding, but am SO looking forward to your account of this little cuddle-bug's birth!
Sending near-constant prayers and loving thoughts to you all, Liz & Russ
Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy!!!! :) Can't wait to see the other "halves" of the pictures. :) Amy T. P.S. Check out James' blog. You'll love the first picture. exit78.blogspot.com
Beautiful!! I wish I could hold her!!! I can't wait to watch her unfold more and more, as her eyes open and she gets more and more alert! YAY for pictures!! What a precious family!! I LOVE her name, too!!
She was worth the wait:) So perfectly sweet, so precious, so pink. Congratulations Durbins on a perfect addition to your family!! We love you Ellie Kate. Kisses all around.
Oh, Ellie Kate! That is SUCH a precious, perfect name! And I am not just saying that because I'm a fellow Elisabeth ; )
Thank you so much for sharing these photos. They are precious beyond compare...a family expanding before our very eyes, a child becoming a brother, an expectation and hope becoming a daughter.
She is so beautiful, Annika. She is just gorgeous.
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing...I just LOVE the photo of you and...is it...Simeon? I hope I got the name right.
You look as though you missed him so very much, and he looks like he's thinking "back away, folks. this is my turn!"
But my favorite picture is the very last one...that perfect, tiny shape. Even if babies are considered "big" babies (and an eight-plus pounder is no joke!) they are still so...tiny. I just love the way her little tushie fits perfectly in your palm, the way she draws her legs up underneath her because of habit--it makes her the most perfect little "bundle".
Best dish this Thanksgiving? One hand under her bum, one hand on her back, her head snuggled under mom's/dad's chin. Inhale singularly unique scent of hope, promise, and youth. Yields: a reciple for utter bliss garnished with content joy and served with utmost gratitude to our God for making us so perfectly and wonderfully.
And again I thank You, Lord, for the miracle that is Elisabeth Kate Durbin.
10 comments:
Oh, Annika...you are a HERO, woman!!! I absolutely cannot convey to you in words how proud I am of you.
What a beautiful, beautiful angel girl...she is PERFECT in every way, as I'm sure you have marveled over already.
Like Jackson, I find her to be a near-perfect melange of both your and Eric's features.
Again I sing praises for this wonderful blessing. I've never known you in physical person, Annika, and I haven't seen Eric in years-- but right now I feel like I just could not be happier for you if you were in my own family. I know this pregnancy has been so very difficult for you...but as He always does, God has blessed you with the lovliest of rivers after such a long time in the darkness of a valley.
Russ and I are praying fervently for her continued health and for you to heal quickly.
I just can't get over how *perfect* she is! God really, really got it right when He made newborn babies the exact size, shape, and heft to lay on your chest, head nestled under your chin...ah- bliss, contentment, a heart full of thanks, I imagine.
I'll leave you to your bonding, but am SO looking forward to your account of this little cuddle-bug's birth!
Sending near-constant prayers and loving thoughts to you all,
Liz & Russ
She's awesome!!!!!!!!!! So little! I love the butt-buttons!
Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy!!!! :) Can't wait to see the other "halves" of the pictures. :) Amy T.
P.S. Check out James' blog. You'll love the first picture. exit78.blogspot.com
Yeah, don't know what happened to these pics...we're working on it!!
Oh, good. I had resigned myself to believing that it was just my lousy dial-up connection and I'd have to do without seeing those photos.
Hope things are going well and the transition is a peaceful one.
Beautiful!! I wish I could hold her!!! I can't wait to watch her unfold more and more, as her eyes open and she gets more and more alert! YAY for pictures!! What a precious family!! I LOVE her name, too!!
Welcome, beautiful Ellie!!
her little nose makes me want to cry. it's so freaking adorable.
She was worth the wait:) So perfectly sweet, so precious, so pink. Congratulations Durbins on a perfect addition to your family!! We love you Ellie Kate.
Kisses all around.
Oh, Ellie Kate! That is SUCH a precious, perfect name! And I am not just saying that because I'm a fellow Elisabeth ; )
Thank you so much for sharing these photos. They are precious beyond compare...a family expanding before our very eyes, a child becoming a brother, an expectation and hope becoming a daughter.
She is so beautiful, Annika. She is just gorgeous.
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing...I just LOVE the photo of you and...is it...Simeon? I hope I got the name right.
You look as though you missed him so very much, and he looks like he's thinking "back away, folks. this is my turn!"
But my favorite picture is the very last one...that perfect, tiny shape. Even if babies are considered "big" babies (and an eight-plus pounder is no joke!) they are still so...tiny. I just love the way her little tushie fits perfectly in your palm, the way she draws her legs up underneath her because of habit--it makes her the most perfect little "bundle".
Best dish this Thanksgiving?
One hand under her bum, one hand on her back, her head snuggled under mom's/dad's chin. Inhale singularly unique scent of hope, promise, and youth.
Yields: a reciple for utter bliss garnished with content joy and served with utmost gratitude to our God for making us so perfectly and wonderfully.
And again I thank You, Lord, for the miracle that is Elisabeth Kate Durbin.
Post a Comment