Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wheaton Homecoming 2007



Last week was our five year college reunion at Wheaton! After a busy few days of catching up, yummy food, chasing seven kids around, more talking, football games, more food, more talking, and more food, we spent Sunday afternoon at Chad's parents' house for what we hoped would be a cheerful viewing of the Chicago Bears' Game--turned out to be a good time with friends, not so good of a game (disappointing 37-27 loss). But we enjoyed the time to sit and relax, stuff ourselves silly with more good food, and let our little ones run all over. We're already looking forward to our next reunion, whenever that will be! (I am sad that I forgot to get my camera out on Saturday, as we had a great time at the Wheaton Homecoming football game, as well as a yummy pizza dinner at our friends' Josh and Susan's home; I am sad we didn't get them or their kids in the pictures here. I'm sure my friend Emily got a few--or a hundred--pictures of them so perhaps I can steal a few and add them to the post later...)


Though blurry (couldn't find the right setting on my camera fast enough for that particular lighting), I love this picture of my dear friend SK holding our daughters on her lap.


Pretty much how Jack and Sophia (Sarah Kay and Nate's daughter) spent the afternoon on Sunday, bouncing away on the Nicholson's trampoline.


Sophia (and all the children) is way past naptime and not in the mood for a smile, but darling nonetheless.

Chad and daugher Ella Rae.

Miss Ella, who didn't especially want to be in her swing until we put Ellie in for a turn, then Ella really wanted to get back in. Funny how territorial they are even at such a young age. Interesting fact: Ellie and Ella were born one week apart!

Erik (Elisa's husband) with little Jaklin Ryan.

Jaklin hanging out with Sarah Kay and me, surprisingly not crying with Mommy gone from view!

Not exactly the best shot of us, but I'm glad we have record of being together. Jane (Chad's super-cool wife, for those of you who don't know her!), SK, Elisa, Emily, and I enjoyed sitting outside and chatting the afternoon away while our counterparts booed at Brian Griese from inside. I wish it had been longer and uninterrupted by children, but I'll take what I can get these days!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

It looks like you had such a fun time!! Both Elisa & Chad's little girls are adorable! Those are the first pics I've seen of them....all the kids are cuties! :) Glad it was such a great weekend.

Katie said...

BOO HOO!!!! NO FAIR!!! I miss you all!