
Ellie started walking a couple of weeks ago. It still startles me when I turn around and she's standing right beside me, or when I'm in the kitchen and I see her come walking around the corner. She's a bit shaky, but she tries and tries and
tries. She gets all sweaty from trying so hard! These days are filled with many bumps, falls, and boo boos. Unfortunately, Jack's latest favorite-way-to-torture-my-baby-sister is to push her down as she's walking by. He just giggles, then gently shoves her on the shoulder, and then squeals in delight as she falls down. She lets out the most frustrated cry, and looks at me like, "Aren't you going to
do something, Mom?" It's no surprise that one of Jack's latest sayings is, "No push." His other recent ones are, "Oh my" "All wight" and "Mommy, stuck!" Everything is "stuck" these days. Anything that won't do what he wants it to do is "stuck." He's also taken to calling me "Mom," which is weird because we've never referred to me as anything other than Mama or Mommy. Is he really so grown up already that he's too cool for "Mommy?" These pictures are mainly for my sister and perhaps a far away grandparent or two; I realize all children learn to walk, but come on. This is MY kid. :) And as for the lack of Jack photos lately, well, I cannot for the life of me get that child to hold still long enough to get a decent shot. We'll keep trying.
2 comments:
SUCH a cutie pie! Love the wrestling pictures and the polka dot and the khaki dress! So cute- she is stylin', man! Mine go through the "mom" phase on and off... Madalyn has recently taken to calling me "mama" again after a loooong period of Miss Cool saying "mom" constantly... isn't it weird to hear that come off their little mouths?
Oh my goodness, I can't believe how big Ellie is--and walking so well on her own! What a big girl!! She is so cute. I too, love those wrestling pictures. Such the picture of everyday life between siblings!
Post a Comment