Sunday, July 23, 2006

Saturday in the Park


This batch of pictures is from late June when Grandpa Durbin came to visit...we went downtown Chicago with Marc and Connie and let Jack run free all over Millenium Park (okay, we had fun, too!). He loved this water feature, although it was a little chilly. Later we met my parents and had pizza on the lawn while we enjoyed a Yo Yo Ma concert...or, I should say tried to enjoy it, as Jack was quite restless and wanted to run around...as you can see from the pictures, it was very packed, and there was definitely NOT room to run around...but it was an excellent concert nonetheless.





His latest trick: tippy toes.

















Watching the other kids run under the waterfall in their bathing suits...


Now that wasn't there a second ago!















Evidence of our terrible hair-cutting session...he's caught on to our tricks now, and so he dodges the scissors like you wouldn't believe...it's quite scary, actually! I'm planning to take him somewhere this week and see if they can do any better!!

Marc and Connie







How weird is that??

Change of scene, change of clothes...















This is how Jack goes down any type of stairs...he starts way back, and then scoots backwards toward the edge. It's quite amusing to watch him, especially when he misses (because he's not watching where he's going!) and runs into a wall...





Yay!

Family of four...Mommy, Daddy, Jack, and Mommy's belly

Could've gotten a better view of the skyline...who took this picture??



Still room to run...we got there early





Confined to the stroller...but when the music started he was quite captivated by it for a little while, which was great for us!



His favorite toy: Daddy's cell phone





Do YOU see any room to run around?



This is how he "talks" on the phone--he does this and then babbles away as if deep in conversation. We actually got some comments from the family behind us about this unusual behavior--they were quite impressed!



Jack and Papa (who can bribe anybody, including his grandson, with Chicago-style pizza!)



Grandpa and Jack, listening to the encore



Imagine trying to get through this with a stroller!



Eric and Dad Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

I love the picture of the wet footprints!

Steph said...

i wish you guys would post some pictures of jackson once in a while.

RC said...

in some of those pictures it looks like he's walking on water :-)

Emily said...

Wow--Jack is getting so big! His smile totally reminds me of Eric.

I haven't read your blog is so long because I lost your address but I found the link on Katie's--your niece is precious! How exciting. Don't you love being an aunt? It's my favorite hat to wear...of course, I'm not a mom yet...

And in response to your comment on my blog--nope, my nose doesn't hurt a bit. It's the least painful piercing I've ever had (and I have 7 now so I think that says a lot...) :)
love you and miss you--it's so good to see you in these pictures!