Saturday, August 05, 2006

4th of July


These are all pictures from my sister's visit this past month. How do I look with PINK in my arms?

Papa and Mikaila





Uncle Eric

Grandma...could she be any happier?

Jack is reading "Goodnight Moon" to his cousin...no doubt trying to show her the "red balloon"--his favorite thing to point out ot us on every page. (Do you think Eric's ready for TWO on his lap??)





She actually smiled right at Jack! That's impressive for a six week old.



Notice the progression of Jack's interest here: looking...

...touching...

...YANK!







My dad said she looked like a flower in this picture, with the bonnet framing her face.















I caught Grandma and Jack swinging and singing together...but Jack caught me trying to get the moment on film--I love him peeking at me!



Running around Grandma and Papa's yard with their little broom...it's amazing what objects become toys!





This picture struck me when I first saw it because we have SO many pictures of us on these stairs when we were little...

The field across from my parent's house.









Eric's love of dogs is quickly rubbing off on Jack...I'm getting out numbered!













Apparently Jack misses his swing!



So this picture says it all...what are we in for come November? Yesterday I was holding a baby doll and trying to show Jack how to be gentle and sweet with it...at first he kissed the doll's hand and head, and even hugged it, patting its back. But then, after about a minute, he slapped it away! I tried to hold him AND the doll on my lap and he kept pushing the doll forcefully out of my arms. Hm... Well, hopefully next time cousin Mikaila visits we'll get a better picture of them together, with happier expressions. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

These pictures are so cute!! I love Jack at the computer and in the swing! We had to pack up Noahs swing last month too, after he did a flip in it and nearly fell on his head.

Mikaila is just so beautiful and so sweet!

Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

ahaha!! this last picture of jack is hilarious!! um.. keep practicing with the doll?

can't believe you're at 7 mos now, anni. woooow.