Saturday, August 05, 2006

Catching up with Jack

So I know that no one is necessarily suffering from seeing a LACK of pictures of our son...however, these are some pictures I've been saving from the past few months that capture Jack doing interesting, mischievous things or that show some of the things he's learning. After this I promise I won't bog down the blog with any more pictures for at least, well, ten minutes. :)
He found my make up bag somehow and took it to the living room, where he quietly emptied the contents and proceeded to examine each one...and then put them back into the bag. I think that he thinks all of Mommy's stuff is for brushing hair...I handed him an eyelash curler the other day and he tried to brush his hair with it...he also brushes his hair with my blush brush, his toothbrush, the scrubbing brush (for dishes!), and any real hair brushes he finds.





Jack, Ben, and Simeon--notice Jack's shirt...



Ahem...no, we did not buy our son a Barbie carrying case...this is his friend Allie's--and he LOVES to pull it around, so she said he could keep it for awhile. It looks a little odd sitting next to his trucks and buckets and other primary colored toys...but I guess we'll have to get used to a little Barbie, with a sister on the way...



"Helping" Mommy





Jack and Simeon playing in their diapers with Jack's new chair...

...but there's not room for two!

Both of them looking at their Mommies for support...

Jack's Mommy was too busy taking pictures to offer any guidance so he took matters into his own hands...poor Sim!

Jack's tiny lip prints on our front window from "kissing" Eric as he arrived home from work.

This it typical of meal times these days...refusal to eat the same food he ate yesterday, and lots of tears. This is usually followed by him standing up in his high chair, which I would have tried to get a picture of but I'm too scared he'll fall out while I'm snapping away...

This is the floor after one meal. It's especially discouraging to me when Jack throws uneaten food on the floor because 1) it costs money 2) sometimes it's food I shared off my plate that I would have gladly eaten (mmm...steamed broccoli!!) and 3) I HATE bending down or getting down on my hands and knees to clean up the floor in my six-months-pregnant state...so sometimes the food sits there until Eric is home...which inevitably means one or both of us experiencing the nastiness of stepping on old, crusty, mushy dried food...YUCK!!!

We finally packed the swing away into the garage...even when I had folded it up and put it in the office, he found it and still somehow managed to get into the seat!! I hope our next baby loves this swing as much as Jack--we have pictures of him when he was very little in almost the exact same pose, reaching for the fish.

One day I heard him babbling away in his room and this is how I found him. He knows how to make his Teacher-Mommy's heart swell!!

This is a newer thing...I remember the day I said, "Let's put on your shoes!" and he actually ran to his pile of shoes and picked them up--it's so amazing to realize he understands what I'm saying. So now he actually tries to put the shoes on by himself! Also, he LOVES to be outside (which has been unbearable in the past two weeks, with temperatures hovering in the high 90's into the low 100's!)...so he will pick up OUR shoes and bring them over to us and try to put them on our feet--that's his way of saying, "Let's go outside!" It's so funny... The other night we had our friends, the Pattersons, over for dinner and when Jack couldn't get Eric or me to put on our shoes he picked up Aaron's flip-flops and tried to get Aaron to go outside!



His buddies...

A pow-wow...what are they conspiring?



His favorite..."Raffe" (pronounced "Raff-ie")







Ahhh...I used to say "no-no" to Jack when he tried to touch the mouse or keyboard...only to discover that Eric lets him play with them! So I finally gave up...look at the little pro!

A little CNN...





Multi-tasking

He wiggles his fingers all over the keys as if he's furiously typing away...and often he hits buttons and opens programs and Eric and I say, "Wait--how did you do that??"

Okay. I know--sad picture. Sad, but funny. We don't normally even have beer in our fridge, but Eric and Aaron (Patterson) decided that Mexcian beer would go well with Andrea's enchilada's last week (SOOO yummy!), so we had some Corona bottles in the recycling bin...which Jack frequently gets into... Eric and I laughed so hard when we realized what he had pulled one out, and of course had to capture it on film...




I think these last two are from the day he got his little chair...which has become a favorite place to chill...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

Noah has the same "...up to something" shirt! It's so true!

I love the Corona Jack picture--hilarious.