Isn't that helpful? After agonizing back and forth for weeks about whether or not we wanted to find out the sex of our baby, we finally decided that we would, and we were so excited to find out...and then that was the verdict:
probably a girl. The lab tech who did the sonogram said that her "best guess" would be girl, since she didn't see any external sex organs. So much for any big announcement! We left the hospital not sure how to feel...Eric made some sarcastic comment as we left that maybe by 40 weeks they would be able to tell what it was. I kept telling myself that if it was a boy, surely there would have been
something visible to tip us off...but a nurse-in-training friend of mine said that it's still early and "they" could be "hiding."
Great. So, with that in mind, I guess we'll all have to wait to be surprised. We're planning to keep her (his?) name to ourselves until she (he?) is born. On the off chance it is a boy, I wouldn't want him to to be called "Matilda" for four months of his life. (And no, Matilda is not one of our top picks--don't worry!) Nonetheless, here are a couple pictures...the first is of her (him?) yawning--we actually saw the mouth open and close, as well as the eyes! (A little creepy, if you ask me...) The second picture is of her (his?) little feet...the lab tech said it's really rare for both feet to show up on the screen so clearly...but then again, what does she know? It's probably only her best guess.

5 comments:
I knew it was a girl from day one, and I didn't need no stinkin' sonogram!
AWWWW.... look at her tiny feet! What a great "shot" for an ultrasound. Looks like the machine had a clear image... so that's encouraging.
CONGRATS again!!
Congratulations! I say you just start shopping pink and keep the reciepts:) Those baby feet are too cute - I love it! Although I have to say I cant really see the yawn in the first one, I am so bad with sonograms!
Congrats!!! That is so cute of the feet...I don't think I've ever seen them like that before on a sonogram, from that angle. Can't wait to see who this little person is! :)
I love that pic of the feet!
We got a photo of the face like that of Sophie; I was totally creeped out by it.
Will you have another ultrasound to find out later on?
susan levi
(susanlevi@comcast.net, if you want to email me sometime)
Post a Comment