Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dear Jack

Tonight I read a story to you called My Favorite Things. The little boys and girls tell all of their favorite things: playing with their pets, camping outside, playing on the beach, sledding in the snow, and snuggling deep in their cozy beds on winter nights. At the end of the story it says, "What is your most favorite thing?"

I often wonder what your favorite thing is. Playing with Daddy? Talking to Mommy in the morning after your bottle? Anytime either of us gets you up from a nap? Banging on the doors looking for one of us? Your soft blue blankie? Baby Neptune? Daddy singing you to sleep?

Tonight something rare happened. After your bottle, instead of clammoring for a last protest or more playtime before bed, you laid still, stuck your thumb in your mouth, closed your eyes, and rested in my arms. That, my little one, is my most favorite thing.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awww. You should've titled this "get tissues." It would've been only fair. (At least for hormonal pregnant women like myself.)

The Martin Family said...

This is so sweet, Annika!! And I love all the new pictures of Jack. I love his expressions while watching Baby Neptune...he is so into it!! :)