Wednesday, December 14, 2005
We're expecting...
...a niece!! Hope I didn't give anyone a heart attack with the title! My sister is expecting a little girl this May. Congratulations to Jonathan and Marika--we're so very excited for your little family! Your little one will be the joy of your life...and her cousin Jack's. A lot of important decisions ahead of you, including what to call me. Auntie Anni? Aunt Anni? Aunt Annika? Auntie Schmann? Nothing really sounds that great. We gotta think of something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations, all!!!
I say we go with Aunt Annika for the simple reason that it sounds most like a continent. You poor soul, chasing your sister all your life in this regard. It is not fair that Marika has TWO options when it comes to continental similarity.
Of course, all the years of unclear name history are finally answered in her newly wedded Jonathan, of Costa Rican heritage. That is precisely why she could choose either North or South America. Though I'm not sure what it means to have you associated with Antarctica . . .
Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this. My mind needs a rest; I'll go watch the George Lopez show.
Congrats, how exciting, when is the baby due? Any names yet?
Annika, when I first read the title I was one of the people who almost had a heart attack! How excited are you to be an aunt?
I like Auntie Anni :)
It's cute!
Post a Comment