COLDEST NIGHT
On the coldest night, in December gray,
My soul primed for the fray,
Defeat will I the arctic air
With hat, with coat, with mitten wield.
“Though true,” say I with covered lips
And naked skin eclipsed,
“A foe as fierce I have not known
In youth, on Texas winter field.”
The moisture in my nostrils frozen,
Degrees but half-a-dozen.
The instant chill of wind’s resolve --
Antique, sub-zero weaponry.
With multilayered frost protection
Forge I an insurrection.
A turtleneck, my cannon line;
Thermal underwear, my cavalry.
Though tool belt armed with ASP and spray,
My poise in disarray.
This trusty steed (a four-by-four)
Soothes only with the heat full-blast.
Safety’s standard instruments
To crime and threat prevent,
But modest aids on lonely nights
When mercury completes its lapse.
Flagship of morning, vanquished eve!
My colors hoisted, heaved
To the sky as a badge of honor,
Whilst I survey the dark turn dawn.
The victory, not of my merit,
Did merely I endure it.
My icy eyes and fore of brow
Make morrow’s vow: Ski goggles don.


The Public Safety ninja strikes again!
5 comments:
Oh, Eric, this makes me miss you!
I sure wouldn't mess with the Public Safety Ninja.
This is SO you, Eric. Shaun and I always appreciate a good laugh...I mean, scare...I mean...
Well keep it up-k obviously, the campus heavily depends on their dark, winter super-hero.
How funny! I like the ninja pose in front of the building. Definitely intimidating...haha!!
Talk about mad skillz! Your poem writing puts mine to shame!
Thanks for the props on the grammar rules. I actually had to look that one up a week ago, so it was fresh on the brain.
Post a Comment