Friday, April 10, 2009

25 Things About Ellie



1. I am almost two and a half, and I'm lovin' life. I bring my parents a ton of joy, with my giggles and my new big words, and I also bring them a lot of mischief! I am stubborn and strong-willed for sure, but I have a huge heart and I love people.
2. I am all about ME these days. I am not big on sharing, especially with new friends that come over. If sharing is a game, like I share with you, then you share with me, and so on, then I like it and I am very sweet. But if you mean I have to share my toy with you for any length of time, I don’t like that at all.





3. I love the word, “MINE.” I use it often. Along with a hundred other words…apparently I speak good or somethin’.
4. I am quite the sassy pants. I love to be sassy with my mom just to see what happens.
5. When my mommy instructs me to look at her, in her eyes, I like to look at the top of her forehead and smirk. This has not worked out too well for me, and has landed me a few spankings. I still do it though…we’ll see who holds out longer on this one.







6. My mommy keeps using this word “respect” and I am not sure that I understand. Mommy’s not sure that I understand either but she keeps using it so it must be important. At this point though…I could care less.







7. I love to do everything that Jack does. If he doesn’t like his dinner, then I won’t eat mine, either. If he has to go potty, then I like to go potty too. Forget Baby Einstein…I love to watch Little Einsteins with Jack and I even sing along to all the words! And we also like Wonder Pets. No, I LOVE the Wonder Pets; Jack and I are often found singing that theme song at the top of our lungs. Speaking of…



8. I love to sing! I sing a lot during the day. One of my current favorites is “Real Gone” by Sheryl Crow, especially the part when she says “UH” in the middle (and I do it perfectly in rhythm). Before you judge my parents for letting me listen to hard rock at my age…it’s the first song on the Disney movie “Cars,” and mommy has it on her iTunes mix. As soon as we get into the car I start begging, “TARS! TARS!” And then Jack says, “Turn it up! Loud, Mommy!” and we all jam. My mom and dad think it’s especially funny when we sing things like, “Baby you were screaming it’s a blast, blast, blast.”







9. I also love to play the piano. I am actually quite good for my age, and my hands seem to perfectly fit on the keys and my mommy and daddy are so impressed. My mommy taught me a few little things and I am SO PROUD of myself when I do it! If you ever come over, ask me to play “1-2, 1-2, 1-2” and I will show you!
10. I love my pink blankie. I can’t sleep without it. When I was really little I called it “Daddy.” It took my mom and dad so long to figure out that I was talking about my blankie. Then I started to call it “Ducky.” Then, awhile later I called it “Monkey.” They were so confused! Now, I affectionately call it “Ah-llie’s BUNKIE.” For some reason this warms my mom’s heart to pieces.





11. I am SO not into Disney princesses! Forget Cinderella or Jasmine or Belle…Lightning, Woody, and Sully are my favs! I also love Thomas.
12. Despite my ignorance of all things princess, I do love my baby dolls. I love to pretend feed them, and my mommy thinks it so funny that I pretend to breastfeed through my tummy. I love to dress them up, and I get SO VERY FRUSTRATED when I can’t get their clothes on just right.







25 Things About Ellie

13. I love my baby sister Samantha. We play together a lot and she loves to laugh at me. I am very kind and sweet to her, and love to brush her hair, help Mommy with her diaper changes, and put her socks on and off. We sometimes even hold hands in the car. I think that someday we’ll be good friends.









14. I am a snuggler. I like to snuggle with Mommy in her bed in the morning and on the couch after my afternoon nap. We snuggle before bedtime, and of course my Bunkie has to be there, too.
15. I wake up a lot at night still. More than Samantha even. My mommy and daddy can’t figure out why, and I’m not sure either. Sometimes I get hot and sweaty, sometimes I have bad dreams, sometimes maybe I have what mommy and daddy call night terrors. I also seem to have a supernatural sense of the exact moment that mommy and daddy get into bed and get comfortable…and I wait right until that moment to startle them with my screaming. I think they are a little creeped out by how often it works, haha!







16. I love my friends at church. I have little friends that I play with in the nursery, like Carter, Gabbee, Hayley, and Allison. It is so fun to have friends my age. But I also have big friends, like Miss Amy and Mr. Brandon, and Miss Emily and Mr. Michael. And Miss Terra. I love to see them at church each week!
17. Speaking of church…my favorite thing about being in the service with mommy and daddy is singing. I sing very loudly. I love to hold the hymnal and pretend to follow along. I do NOT like it if mommy holds it for me. For some reason a lot of people turn and look at me and smile when I sing. I guess it’s a nice thing to do. But I especially like it when everyone else stops singing so I can sing loudly by myself. (But my mom and dad don’t like this very much.)







18. My hair is naturally curly. In the winter it has been much straighter, but recently we had our first fifty-degree day and it suddenly got curly again. Sometimes I watch my mommy do her hair; I love it when she stops to help me do mine. Sometimes she even straightens my hair with her flat iron and boy do I think I’m something else!
19. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to pick out my own clothes. I have a fabulous sense of fashion that my mom just doesn’t understand. I also love to change my underwear throughout the day—just to mix things up a bit. I don’t think my mom gets how fun this is. She’s always mumbling about how much she does NOT enjoy sniffing my underwear to figure out if it’s headed for the laundry room or back to my drawer. What a killjoy.







20. I want to go to school so badly. Every time we drop Jack off I ask my mom if it’s my turn, and I’m getting so tired of waiting. His teacher always says hi to me and then I tell mommy, “Brinley say hi!” and mommy laughs. (My mom says I have to wait a whole other year before I can go to school…I have no idea how long that is.)
21. I love my Papa and Grandma. After we take Jack to school we go to pick up my Grandma, and I LOVE to see her.
22. Apparently I have a real “zest” for life. My mom and dad often say that I remind them of my Nana (Daddy’s mom). I am spunky, a bit of a rebel, and have seemingly no inhibitions (are you impressed by my big word?). I have been known to run around in the rain in only a diaper, run through the snow in bare feet, and even to paint on the wall. I think life is going to be so fun!









23. My favorite snack is probably either fishy crackers or popsicles. My mommy is so sad that I have learned to say “pishy tatters” rather than what I used to call them (“teekee boppers”).
24. I am very resourceful. If the light is out in my room I will run to the bathroom and get my step stool so I can turn it on. Or I ask Jack to do it for me, and I always say, “Thank you, Jack!!” I also am very good at finding ways to get onto the kitchen counter to get things mommy has told me I’m not allowed to have!



25. I love to dance. Especially to Sheryl Crow.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to read all about Ellie. One day I'm going to actually find a way to come see you guys so we can actually meet in person!
And, Ellie & I have one thing in common, that "Not so into Disney Princesses" thing. I also prefer Buzz Lightyear, Woody & guys like that! (not a big suprise if you knew me when I was a little girl)

Amy said...

What a great idea. I LOVE the picture of Jack and Ellie snuggling on the couch--so, so precious.

I also sympathize/empathize with the underwear sniffing. Sounds bad, but it's real life, man. When the dirty clothes get mixed up with the clean, sometimes it's the only way to know.

Katie said...

These are SO precious! She is so precious. I love so many of them that I forgot the list I was making to name in my head here. The one of her in jack's lap on the couch is SUPER DUPER sweet... and the ones of her with Samantha. I love sweet sibling shots nothing like them is there?

EmilyJaneAllen said...

This was so sweet to read! It's funny, she looks so BIG in some of the pics especially at the arboretum... we are so glad to have you and Eric and your sweet kids as friends!
Emily

Julie said...

Oh Annika, I just loved reading about Ellie...what a fun little girl, and such, such cute pictures!! LOVED them! Can't narrow down my fav's either, haha. So many of the things on the list are like Caleb's current stage too...boy would they be a mess together. :)

Kimberly said...

This is so sweet Anni!! I feel like I barely knew her until this post! I love the one of her on the walk with her one leg out and bent at the knee all sassy like. This girl is a HOOT!! So beautiful and sweet. I think there is something extra sassy about the second born child, first girl. Don't you?

What a fun read!