Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Playtime with Jack & Ellie

DSC_0041

DSC_0055

DSC_0069

Her "No, Jack, gimme that back" face

DSC_0091

Yes, he dressed himself this particular day...pajama shirt and all.

DSC_0094

DSC_0095

DSC_0103

DSC_0107

This is Jack after sliding into his base, aka Daddy's glove.  (When he plays indoors he lays diapers around on the floor as his bases.)

DSC_0029

DSC_0031

DSC_0111-1

These pictures were tricky to edit and I'm not terribly pleased with how they turned out; it was a very sunny day and there were lots of bright, bright areas next to dark shadows...made for a good learning experience, in any case!

DSC_0170-1

DSC_0218-1

DSC_0231-1

DSC_0251-1

DSC_0006

A friend loaned us this stroller for the summer...picture me pushing it while carrying Samantha in the Baby Bjorn!

DSC_0006

This has become a favorite "toy" that is often fought over.  The kids call it "shake shake."  Everything was going fine until...

DSC_0007

This happened.

DSC_0002

Then THIS happened.

DSC_0003

And then this happened.  Yeah.  Very annoying clean-up for Mom.

DSC_0022

Another interesting choice of activity, unbeknownst to me until after the fact.  

DSC_0111

I know this picture just screams "Mother of the Year": clean house, fresh flowers on the windowsill, baby asleep in swing, kids dressed and playing calmly.  HA.  Just had to get this moment on film as it is one of the fleeting ones of my day!

DSC_0118

My lame artistic skills at work.  Jack is always asking me to draw balls for him--I've finally gotten the soccer ball down--it's not easy, folks!

DSC_0135

DSC_0147

DSC_0157

Ellie stealing Jack's crayons after being told not to...

DSC_0159

Ellie getting caught...

DSC_0161

Ellie trying to hide from Mommy.

DSC_0162

This is her "Yeah?  What are you gonna do about it?" face.  We see it a lot these days...I'm glad I got it down on record.  (Not that I'll ever forget it, as it seems to be seared in my mind already!)  She is in that testing phase where she pushes every limit set for her with a sly smile (see above) as if just daring me to discipline her.  She thinks most things are games between me and her, so that's something we're working through right now.  She's showing a stubborn streak that scares me a bit, thinking ahead to her adolescent years, but I pray for her daily that she would choose Christ and put her stubborn heart to good use--or rather, open her heart to allow Him to use her stubbornness for His good purposes!

3 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

Sweet pictures! How did you get all those utensils out of that bottle?

We just got Samantha's birth announcement; it's delightful!

Kimberly said...

These are so great, Annika!! I love them. And that shot of Samantha sleeping and the others coloring, don't you just love those moments??

Julie said...

Awww, these are really cute pictures! I love how Jack uses diapers for bases, when playing inside. :) I can't get over how grown up Ellie is looking! I'm glad it looks like nobody got hurt over the spilled sprinkles--I thought the next picture was going to be someone landing on their bottom. :)