This is Jack's new hat. Eric made one comment when he first put it on about how it looks like a train hat, and now it is officially his Train Hat, part of his "uniform" he has to have on in order to play with his trains. He does this often; he has to have his baseball cap, baseball shirt (from his Halloween costume), socks and tennis shoes on in order to play baseball. He just discovered a soccer t-shirt in his drawer that is now his soccer uniform, along with a pair of very non-descript shorts that have officially been dubbed his "soccer shorts."
(I guess he liked his new hat enough to wear it while playing baseball this day!)
A few Jack sayings that I had to write down before I forgot...
--Today during the final minutes of the Lakers-Jazz game, which are usually very intense minutes in our household--i.e. don't talk to or touch Daddy--Jack was sitting next to Eric on the couch and watching with him, when in a sweet little voice he said enthusiastically, "Go Cubs!"
--When asking Jack what video he wanted to watch this afternoon, he responded "Dora" (duh!) to which Eric answered in a lovely Scottish accent, "A fine choice!" Jack repeated, "A pine choice."
--The other day I was using the bathroom and Jack opened the door and said, "Mommy, what you doing?" Then seeing what I was doing he said in the sweetest voice you've ever heard from a three-year-old, "Ohhh! Mommy! So pwoud you!" He then marched over and said in what can only be described as a firstborn, know-it-all voice, "Okay. Mommy? Now. Paper." (Another time early-on in potty training he walked in on me using the bathroom and said, "Yay Mommy!" then proceeded to hand me the bag of M&M's.)
--Lately when he plays outside with his soccer ball and net, he places the ball where he wants to kick it and then says "A, B, C...GO!"
--Tonight when we put the kids to bed Jack "read" a number of books to us. One is a book with animals hiding behind flaps that you lift up, and then say "Peek-a-boo!" when you find the animal. Jack would lift the flap and say, "Tee-kee poo!" Another book is all about mommies, mainly animal mommies and babies, until the very last page, and it warmed my heart to hear him repeat the words perfectly, "Mommy mine, Mommy loves me." (He hardly ever uses the word "me" but instead says things like, "Hold you!" or "Help you!" or "Mommy loves Jack.") Sometimes I say to him, "Mommy loves..." and he says with a giggle, "JACK!" I love having a boy!
Eating warm, just-from-the-oven cookies and...
...blowing milk bubbles
(Notice his new haircut, which looked fine while it was still wet but has since looked not-so-fine. I'm caving and taking him to Snippets tomorrow to get it fixed. I thought I had the hang of it after watching them cut his hair this past year, but apparently I still have a lot to learn! Looking forward to the summer when I can just buzz it...that's not too hard to mess up!)
5 comments:
The story of you and Jack in the bathroom is hysterical!
Aww, so sweet. I love hearing what they say!! Keep it coming! Now I want some warm cookies and milk to blow bubbles iN!!
This is really cute. I LOVE those jeans with the tear in the knee. He is darling. I bet he and Noah would have such fun together.
I can't believe you cut his hair, you are so brave. I would mess that up something horrible!!
Oh the cutest things they come up with--I loved hearing Jack's little comments, so funny. I also love that last picture of him blowing milk bubbles. His profile in that shot still makes him look so baby--that sweet cheek and long eyelashes. Then you see the other pictures and he is so not baby. :)
mikaila and i were looking at the pictures and we get to the one of jack with stuff on his face and she goes "dirty dat!" and then the next one, she goes "deen dat!"
Post a Comment