Today we were blessed with a surprise drop-in visit from some very good friends, Nate and Sarah Kay, and their little dolly Sophia, all the way from Iowa! What a perfect day for time with friends; we had beautiful weather so the kids played and played outside while SK and I chatted up a storm--only God knows how much I needed time with a girlfriend today! When Eric got home he and Nate went and picked up deep-dish pizza and we ate family-style (i.e. we all took turns putting our kids in time out and feeding them off our plates and preventing all kinds of disastrous spills and mishaps). It was SO good to see you both (well you three)! Thanks for dropping in--you made my day!
Ellie and Sophia hit it off quite well, except for the brief period when they fought over the toy phone. Go figure--just like sisters! (I also loved the moment when Ellie was trying to take the phone away from Sophia and Sophia put out her little hand like a stop sign and said, "Wait!!" Haha...wonder where she learned that? Just kidding SK...) Ellie also fell head over heels for Mr. Nate...I think the feeling was mutual. And Jack and Sophia enjoyed some interesting conversation; I'm not sure the rest of us understood, but they had their own thing going and played quite well together, too. Mmm. I miss you guys already. Come again soon!
3 comments:
Boo hoo! I want to have been there... especially for the pizza I miss so much! :)
Oh yay!!! I am so, so happy y'all got to visit together!! How fun. I love the pictures, too....especially that sweet one of Sophia giving Ellie a kiss. :)
Oh, Annika, I am so excited that you girls had a chance to visit!! I know that did your heart well. And the pictures, they are so good:)
Post a Comment