Here are a few pictures from Jack's third birthday party last week...a pretty lo-key affair with my parents, Benny and his mom, and our little neighbor friend Amanda and her mom. Jack was pretty excited about everything this year; I'm still not convinced he really understands what a birthday celebrates, but he certainly understood that the presents were for HIM and that the cake was for him to EAT...
Speaking of cake, I was very disappointed with myself this year (I know, I hold my standards very high!). As the party neared my goals for the cake got smaller and smaller, and my only excuse is the exhaustion of being less than three weeks (!!) away from delivering a baby. I HATED the color that the icing ended up being...just could not get the right green. And I realized at the last minute that I had the wrong size pan so I just gave up and used my 9 X 13 even though the trains look enormous on it. Oh well...there are many birthdays to come, many more opportunities to "wow" my kids with my culinary skills, so I'll have to give myself a little grace this time. (Maybe I'll bake myself a birthday cake in May, or if my doctors let me go two weeks late it might be a shared birthday with my newborn baby! Ugh...two weeks late...pure misery!)
On to party pictures:
He didn't care if the green color was horrific...it sure tasted good!
The Dinaco helicopter from "Cars" from Amanda
A bubble gun from Benny; we ran out of bubbles the first day!
His favorite movie: Disney's "101 Dalmations"
From Mommy and Daddy: a soccer goal, which promptly broke the next day (fixable with duct tape, but didn't seem worth the money!)
Ellie and Grandma; one of my favorite summer dresses of Ellie's (Old Navy clearance rack!!)
This is Ellie these days..."Me do it myself!"
Gift from Aunt Marika that arrived the next day...
...Could this kid BE any happier?
Baby Miles getting in on the action
![]()
Spreading the love...her new favorite "skill"
3 comments:
Oh I think the birthday cake is so cute!! I think it turned out great. You always do the coolest and prettiest cakes.
That is such a sweet of picture of Ellie & your mom laughing together!!
I agree with Julie- I thought the cake was adorable and may copy it for Jack... no, I'll probably just order one, LOL!
This really looks like your handwriting! What font is this?
Happy birthday, sweet boy! We love you!
Happy Birthday, Jack!
The cake is so sweet, so adorable. Noah has that same tent. It is where he hides when he is in BIG trouble:)
Like Julie, I LOVE the picture of Ellie with your mom. And I can't get over how old Jack looks in these, when did he get so big???
Post a Comment