Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's finally here!

EUROPE
Well, we made it home safely after 17 days in 5 foreign countries with a 4 month old!! We had such a wonderful time with family, and enjoyed many sights and foods! Here is a run-down of our itinerary:

1. Flew into Paris and stayed 2 days
2. Drove through Germany to Prague, Czech; stayed in Prague for 2 days
3. Drove from Prague to Vienna, Austria; spent 2 nights, one full day
4. Drove through Salzburg to Venice; stayed overnight and one day
5. Drove to Rome; spent 4 days
6. Flew to Paris; spent last 3 days here

The following posts are in chronological order of our trip, by location. Each includes stories and pictures. I have to note here that I was a little bit disappointed with our pictures. We chose to bring the video camera and leave the nice Canon camera at home, as I didn't want to be wearing both of them, or trying to wear one AND Jack... We took a bunch of disposable cameras instead; I have used these before and the quality is usually fine. However, we ran into two problems: you can't zoom or focus or do anything even slightly artistic since you just point and shoot. AND...the lens hole is not what you look through with your eye; it's a tiny hole down further, so my finger ended up in front of the lens in a bunch of these--which just ruins the picture. Anyway, a lot of these pictures are from my mom and dad, who are much better photographers and had great cameras. I hope you enjoy reading about our trip!

No comments: