Sunday, June 14, 2009

Samantha Update (finally....)

I am so very behind on just about everything these days so it's been hard to sit down to work on this. Finally, this sunny Sunday afternoon I realized it was June (yeah, I know) and that my Flickr account was up and running again, and so I jumped at the two-hour naptime window to get these uploaded. These are a bunch of pictures of Samantha from the past year or so, many of them just random moments throughout our day, not exactly photographic works of art. I am finding it hard to post unedited pictures these days, but I'm letting my pride go and just getting these up, for Pete's sake. I will be so happy to live somewhere with more natural light someday, so that my indoor shots will have more light and not need flash or grain. Pride aside...here goes!



These are the earliest pictures I have of you, Miss Samantha, as your newborn shots are on the other computer that crashed. I am praying we haven't lost those like we lost Ellie's newborn pictures, and that Daddy (or some other computer genius) can figure out what's wrong and get those pictures back! For now, this is you at 3 months, happy as a clam in your Boppy seat.

Samantha Claire

Sucking your thumb at an early age. You still look like this when you suck your thumb.



Where you spent a lot of time, watching me do dishes!





One of Jack's first loving interactions with you. He laid here so sweetly playing with your hands and touching your face, talking to you softly.







You and Ellie's dolls. You were actually smaller than the biggest doll when you were born!













Here you are at six months old , in the 0-3 months "going home" outfit I bought for you, that you were supposed to wear on your way home from the hospital! Never guessed I've have a small baby that needed such tiny clothing! (And yes, your crib bedding is blue and not pink. I'm sorry. But you really don't care, and I couldn't bring myself to buy you new bedding while Jack's bedding sat unused. So you enjoyed his ABC bedding and he got a new quilt for his bed. I think that is a sign of things to come, being the third child.)



Your first interaction with our Christmas Tree...and the object of your affection for many weeks...those little twinkle lights! You would scoot under the tree and lie on your back, looking up, and flail your arms with joy.



You and Papa Marc at Christmas.







You and Grandma! You get to see Grandma a couple times a week, which you love.









One my favorite dresses! I loved this little brown corduroy dress with pink stitching, especially with a big pink bow in your pretty brown hair!



Daddy's home from work!



"Please, please, give me some of your Chipotle rice and beans?"













I took these pictures of you at a friend's house...only you got very sick with pink eye and so you don't look much like yourself. I still love this blue dress on you, reflecting your blue (pink) eyes.



You and your friend Henry (who doesn't look very happy here).



One year old here...in 3-6 months clothes. I remember when you got this outfit from a friend, and it was so big on you. Now at 13 months you've finally outgrown it, but it still fit you a month ago.



"I help you, Sammy!"



"Like DIS, Saman-ta!" Ellie is really into bossing you around these days...and I see myself as an older sister in a whole new light. I owe Aunt Marika a thousand apologies...





BRING ON THE BOWS.





This happens way more often then I'd like it to, my dear.



A very common scenario in our house: Jack and Ellie into mischief of some kind, and you stuck and screaming.



"Happy Birthday to you..."



Ohhhhhh...CAKE!



I had to include this one because it was so funny...Jack and Ellie were SO excited to celebrate your birthday...but I don't think it was as much about you as it was about your cake.



YUMMY. Now for a bath...

4 comments:

Katie said...

These are SO precious. I had such a good time looking through them- my fave is the one of her stuck, of course- with Ellie missing her shoe and the crazy hair. That scene is very familiar to me, too, so I had a good laugh over that one! She has INCREDIBLE eyes- you need to put those babies to good use on your portfolio! I loved the pic of her smiling on the blue rug on her tummy with the blue dress- what a pretty dress on a pretty girl. Love the bottom two teeth, too! :)

Amy said...

Oh, so sweet and cute. And, if I could take pictures HALF this good, I'd be thrilled. =)

Kimberly said...

OH Anni, I love these pictures! She is so beautiful. I cannot believe she is one or that you even have three - Im still wrapping my brain around that! I love the one of her on her tummy, the dress from the back, so sweet. But all of them are cute. She and Ellie seem to be such dear friends, I love that. Love the bows too:)

Happy Birthday Samantha!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Thanks for sharing these pix -- not as good as getting to meet your kids in person but the next best thing!