Thursday, February 05, 2009

I AM SO PROUD

Jack's letters!

Jack wrote his name for the very first time last night! He's been able to write a "J" for awhile now, and then last night he suddenly wrote an "A" and then a "C" without any help. But he kept writing "J-A-C-A," so we worked on the "K" for awhile and he finally got it! I was so excited, and he was THRILLED. We then proceeded to write out the entire alphabet; I was sure he would get bored and want to stop but he just kept going. When we got to "W" he said to Eric, "Almost done, Daddy!" After we wrote our "Z" a few times, which took some time, he said, "Letters so fun, Mommy!"

I am not one of those moms that has been banging this over his head, but he has become more and more fascinated with it recently. And I admit...the teacher side of me was even more excited than the mom side. I started to day dream about getting him one of those little drawing books with the letters at the top of the page, and then I suddenly stopped.
He's only three and half, for crying out loud.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, this makes me realize how strict Madalyn's teachers are! UGH. I just had a conflict over letters and lines and teaching and (not) teaching and how Madalyn thought she was in trouble for not knowing something they never taught her how to do (where to put the "a" on the line.) UGH!

Okay, but this is supposed to be about you and Jack. :) AND YAY for Jack!! How sweet he enjoyed it so much and told daddy he was almost there, too precious!

Amanda said...

I totally know what you mean, Annika -- Ellis is beginning to learn to read, & when he is sounding words out it makes me want to cry because I love it so much. These poor boys with teachers for moms ... reading/writing (& arithmetic, for that matter) milestones just about send us over the edge!