We had hoped to have this nursery finished
before Jack was born, rather than by the time he was six months old! Nonetheless, we finally finished and wanted to share some pictures.



The duck and sheep are characters from the "Click-Clack, Moo" books! (Unfortunately, they were sold out of the cows)

We painted this rectangle behind the wall letters, because the letters didn't stand out very well by themselves. It turned out a little bit bigger than we imagined, but it's a definite improvement.

Top picture: our first Mother's Day. Middle picture: Eric and his friend Rishi, with Jack and Rishi's son Ellis at the boys' first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. (Jack was 2 months old!)

Bottom picture: My dad, "Papa," holding Jack when he was just weeks old.


Some of my favorite pics (including our first ultrasound picture) and my first baby shoe.

The silver cup was Eric's when he was little, and his tiny ID bracelet from the hospital is inside it. The picture is one of my favorites that my dad took in Europe of Jack's profile.

You can't see it, but there is a beautiful tree right outside this window.

The long-awaited chair (took
five months to arrive!!).

Some favorite books...we read "Good Night Moon" almost every night, but Jack prefers to chew on it these days. I'm saving "The Polar Express" until he's willing to sit and listen. :)
3 comments:
The nursery is so sweet!! The chair is really pretty, worth the wait I am sure. I love the way you hung his books on the wall too...Ive been trying to figure out where we can put a bookshelf, but I just might have to copy you instead. Thanks for sharing!
I also love the pics of Jackson, I cannot believe how big he is getting! He looks so sweet in blue, really makes his eyes stand out.
Kim
Ohkay love the room, so great Anni! Where did you get the chair? What is the pattern you used, its different than I remember and I love the magazine rack turned book holder! I am going to have to borrow that b/c I think childrens books make great art. He is growing up so fast and what a sweet place to do it in. Did you get my package?
Love ya,
SK
THOSE EYES!! Oh, they are really just getting bigger and bluer, aren't they?? SO adorable.
The nursery's precious, of course :). And I really like Jackson in overalls!! He is so beautiful!!!!!
Post a Comment